August 26, 2013 – August 30, 2013
Netherlands Institute of Health Sciences, Erasmus University Medical Center, Rotterdam, the Netherlands
- Estimate survival curves using the Kaplan-Meier method
- Estimate the (grouped or smoothed) instantaneous mortality or hazard rate.
- Compare two or more survival curves using a log-rank or related test.
- Fit appropriate Cox regression models to continuous time data from epidemiologic cohort studies using STATA, and evaluate the fit of these models. Regression models discussed will include those with multiple predictor variables, and extensions of the basic Cox model that permit time-varying covariate effects (non proportional hazards), and stratified Cox models.
- Interpret regression coefficients from Cox regression models
- Use time-dependent covariates in the Cox model and interpret the coefficients.
The faculty for this course: Patrick Heagerty